The Mobile Workforce: Working Smarter
Today’s workforce continues to evolve and to demand among other things, increasing flexibility and mobility. No surprise, considering a recent study from the Pew Research Center:
As of early 2014, 90% of American adults had a cell phone and 58% owned a smartphone—a growth rate of 25% in a single year. One-third of American adults go online mostly using their smartphones rather than a desktop or laptop computer. The same study revealed that 42% of Americans owned a tablet.
Workers expect the convenience of mobile access to applications. But when hiring managers, contingent workers and contingent workforce management (CWM) program owners lack mobile access to key program-related systems and data, the impact is far reaching. For instance:
- Program managers are tethered to their desktops for talent sourcing, assignment monitoring, worker tracking, time card approvals, expense approvals, and other activities
- Finance departments are limited to approving job requisitions at their desktops and laptops
- Contingent workers including those in the field are limited to reporting time via a network computer, which slows processing and can result in inaccurate reports when too much time lapses between their shift and computer access
- Contingent workers, especially those operating on irregular schedules and based in a variety of time zones, can’t access vital assignment information when they need it
Today’s enterprises can extend the value of their CWM programs with a vendor management system (VMS) that offers anytime, anywhere access to key VMS functions.
Contingent Workforce Management on the Go
The IQNavigator VMS solution delivers the information and functionality that matters most to hiring managers, program managers and contingent workers via their mobile devices including iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch devices and Android devices. These mobile applications, available in multiple languages, offer the same transactional integrity and system security as IQNavigator VMS.
The mobility functionality of the IQNavigator VMS solution allows hiring managers and approvers to manage workflows on the fly. You benefit from:
- Real-time sourcing with the ability to open requisitions at any time, access the most up-to-date talent pools and candidate resumes available, plus share relevant feedback with peers
- Improved program decision-making through worker tracking and real-time access to the latest statistics with interactive reports and data views
- Enhanced collaboration and information sharing among program leaders around the globe
- Accelerated, automated workflow processes
- More efficient timecard and expense approvals
- Task alerts for assignment evaluations and other activities
For Contingent Workers
Your contingent workers have the flexibility and convenience to view important assignment details and submit project and assignment documentation wherever they are. IQNavigator VMS mobility offers them:
- Quick access for submitting time cards for multiple assignments
- Alerts for approved, rejected and missing time cards
- Accelerated time-to-pay with on-the-go expense reporting
- Real-time access to changing assignment information